Children's Stationery & Invitations on 100% Recycled Paper
General_468x60banner

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Heaven's tu Betsy the best brownies EVER!

I have become such a blog (or food) stalker of the spunky coconut! I have been making a lot of her stuff today for my new diet and all I can say is YUM! I am listing *my* version of her brownie recipe on here for you to try. The only reason I used my version instead of her's is because it was cheaper to use mine...so I did. The brownies I made today (recipe below) turned out cake like (because I used the baking soda-won't do that again) so I used Spunky Coconuts ganache on top (my version) to help make them gooey! Eat up, there good for you!

Faith



Flourless Brownies:
(gluten-free, casein-free, sugar-free):

Set oven to 325 degrees
Add to Bowl:
1 cup almond butter
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon stevia mixed
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 tsp baking soda, for low altitude (may not be necessary at high altitude - I don't need it here)
1/4 cup cocoa powder (no more than 1/4 cup - or they will be dry)

Beat with electric mixer.
If the batter appears too dry add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water.
Pour into square greased cake pan. Spread slightly (it will even itself out).

Bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes.

Ganache:

1 Can coconut milk
1 bakers unsweetened chocolate bar chopped(these are made on machines that have had milk on them)
3Tbls cocoa or carob powder
1 fist full xylitol or to taste- I pray to get my taste buds to learn to enjoy 1/2 a fist full or less someday

Heat the cream add the chocolate bar (chopped up) and the two are whisked together. Of heat stir in xylitol and cocoa powder and pour over brownies. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Loving this! A good friend is doing an anti-candida diet so I will pass this along. Would it be okay if I made these myself for my blog and linked it back to yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Hire a Hacker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Hire a Hacker

    ReplyDelete