Children's Stationery & Invitations on 100% Recycled Paper
General_468x60banner

Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Day and Shopping day Adventures




Don't forget to check out shopping day adventures below (where I show you what I spent with my $50.00 grocery money and $50.00 everything else money) Also to get other great menu plan day posts go to orgjunkie or more grocery shopping day's go to The Grocery Cart Challenge.


Well for me the next two weeks, no more eating good yummy America's Test Kitchen meals. I am going on a 2 week candida diet were I can't have anything except lean meats and low/no sugar fruits and veggies. It's going to be so hard! I am also using this diet cleanse and this fungal detox with my diet...and below is my main meal that I will be eating everyday all day. I actually like this meal so I am happy with it. I just hate giving up sweets! lol!



My candida meal for the week: I will eat this all day including dinner

Lentil and Cabbage Stew (I am substituting the toovar dal with red lentils, not using ground fenugreek or black mustard seeds, and I am using curry powder instead of leaves...I am also doubling the recipe.

I also plan to eat:

Breakfasts:
Strawberry Limeade Smoothies (recipe below)
eggs

Snacks:
Celery and almond butter

Dinner:
along with my stew I will be eating steamed veggies (drenched in butter!)

My Strawberry Limeade Smoothie:
1/2 C frozen strawberries
1/2 C yogurt
2-3 T lime juice (more or less to your liking)
1/4 C water (you can use milk to make it creamer or oj for tartness but I can't have those)
1/4 t stevia
2-3 t Xylitol

add to blender mix and serve! Tastes yummy!

Don't forget I substitute a lot of the ingredients for all natural or organic or healthier ones. Such as sugar I use Xylitol or Honey, for flour I use whole wheat, spelt, or brown rice, for chocolate I use carob powder, etc. Also I use America's Test Kitchen Recipies and not the ones below.

My Families meals for the week:

Breakfast:
eggs and grits
cinnamon vanilla oatmeal
organic cereal

Snacks:
carrots and ranch
organic popcorn
all natural Cheetos
Chocolate banana bread (from really old bananas)

Dinner:
Toasted Turkey Subs, home fries, steamed veggies
Skillet creole chicken fricassee, rice, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies
Shrimp and scallop skewers with hoeisn-ginger sauce, rice, steamed veggies
Grilled chicken with sesame noodles,
Lemon chicken and rice soup
Mexican Chicken soup
Leftovers

How my grocery shopping went:

Well I have to go by memory but I think my husband spent around 13.00 on these items:

foil (err I can get it free at Walgreen's this week-oh well now I will have a lot)
brown sugar
3 3lb pork shoulder
Total: 13.00ish

I spent:

Akin natural food market:

2 Panda licorice for boys 1.30
agave nectar 3.99
3 Soda (stevia) 3.48
Total 9.00

Woods Grocery Store:



Grocery
tomatoes crushed 1.67
Produce
5.97lb grapes 5.26
2lb Mangoes 1.98
4.36lb cabbage 2.57
1 jalapeno pepper .14
6lb apples 4.00
Lettuce 1.19
Dairy
1lb butter 2.39
Frozen
2-1lb Brocolli Normanday 3.00
2-1lb Mediterrainan Veggies 3.00
Total: 26.39

Praire Grove Farm:
Raw Milk 3.50

Grand Total: 51.89ish

If you guys read my blog you know each week we have $50 for groceries and $50 for all other house hold and personal nessesities. Each week I have pretty much stayed right on the money.

First week:
47.73 groceries
60.00 spelling power book
Grand Total: 107.73

Second week:
49.72 groceries
40.00 shoes ( I did not include tax here because I did it on the jackets below since they were bought together)
Grand Total: 89.72

This week:
51.89 groceries
10ish oil and filters for car(husband got...don't remember total)
1.94 Walgreen's
46.30 jackets
Grand Total: 110.13


So it looks like I am over by about $7.58ish (depending on what my husband actually spent, which these totals should be right on the money-ish)

Not bad aye?

So do you have a frugal freak deal you would like to share? If so sign up to my Linky below along with your post of your frugal deal (be sure to only link your current deal post not your blog homepage)

Latte







3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to hear how the anti-candida diet goes! So keep up the good work. Check out my recipe for almond cookies--no flour, sub out the sugar with xylitol, no eggs, and no butter! So tasty though, my husband tried to steal the whole bag this morning on the way to work.

    Did I also mention how impressive your Walgreens, CVS trip was last week? That was amazing!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I posted that recipe. Almond milk tastes like sweet, creamy milk. Not very nutty. There are recipes online for making it yourself without the fancy, shmancy machine. Or try out a quart the next time you go to the store. I've seen it just about everywhere now. You can find it unsweetened, which will work for your diet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie sounds yummy.

    I recently found your blog and I really enjoy it. I've selected you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Please visit my blog to read about it and pick it up.
    Adventures in Frugal Homemaking

    ReplyDelete